Shorter Duration of Psychosis Led to Improved Outcomes in Patients with First-Episode Schizophrenia
DUI=duration of untreated illness; DUP=duration of untreated psychosis.
- Owens DC et al. Br J Psychiatry. 2010;196(4):296-301.
- Primavera D et al. Ann Gen Psychiatry. 2012;11(1):21
The Value of a Support System
CATIE=Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness.
- Glick ID et al. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2011;31(1):82-85.
Family-Supervised Treatment Led to Significant Improvement in Symptoms and Functioning
Intervention involved supervised treatment in outpatients for schizophrenia (STOPS). GAF=global assessment of functioning; PANSS™=Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale, a trademark of Multi-Health Systems, Inc.
- Farooq S et al. Br J Psychiatry. 2011;199(6):467-472.
Involving Patients in Their Own Care Increases Knowledge About Their Disease
* Knowledge was assessed with a 7-item questionnaire about the patient’s disease and its treatment.
COMRADE=Combined Outcome Measure for Risk Communication and Treatment Decision Making Effectiveness.
- Hamann J et al. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2006;114(4):265-273.